Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Second posting


I was not too happy today since I have problems with the Chilean consulate. I got my citizenship renewed a few months ago and I later filled out a form to get exempt from the servicio militar. It as been 5 months they still did not get the answer... The problem is that I was planning a trip to Chile in December for about 3 weeks but now I am not sure anymore. I do not want to go and be stuck there for 2 years to fulfill the service. It is basically leisure constraint since I might not be able to go this winter. I will hopefully receive an answer soon... Because I do want to see beaches in my hometown in Vina del mar!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I was in the military before (for one summer) and I don't blame you... Basic training is rough. I hope it works out.

Jessica A said...

Hi! I'm your TA for the semester, Jessica. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to your postings for the rest of the term!

Steven said...

Good relating your situation to course material. Am I right... that you cannot just go to any beach for the pleasure of being at the beach. The experience of being "home" memories of growing-up and kinship are the important leisure experiences.