Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog Summary #3

For 12 weeks I have been taking the course 'Leisure Education' and I can say that I have learnt some interesting ideas. I am going to recap the whole semester in my final blog summary. I will focus on my understanding why we were blogging.

I can admit that I have not sacrificed much of my time of blogging throughout the semester. The reason why I did not blog much is because blogging does not interest me. I know myself in leisure and I am a private person that does not talk much about himself. Due to that personality trait, it is why I did not write much about myself. I do not like the fact that all my personal information is public for the world to see. I also understand the point of the professor Henle to use blogging as a leisure experience. He gave us feedback and even directed us to write just about anything that we had in mind. In my opinion, the professor did that to increase our leisure participation when it comes to blogging. It worked for me for a few days because I blogged at lease 2 or 3 times in one week but after that, I would just let go for a while.

I can also say that I have learnt that flow theory was ideal for my leisure experience while I played soccer. I noticed that I was so much better when my skills met the challenge while experiencing my favorite leisure pass time. Some other games where I was not at flow did not work to my advantaged and I would feel anxious which, lead to me feeling frustrated with my team. I am sure my team did not appreciate my frustration but for the past few games I would keep my cool and just laugh about it. There is no point of me getting mad over an amateur soccer game!

I also noticed that I was not that bad at painting and using my artistic skills when it came to my leisure experience. I painted a ceramic cup with a Montreal Canadiens logo in the front. I actually got good comments on it which further increases the possibility of me going back and painting another item. Of course my girlfriend had a big influence on my decision about ceramic painting. The reason why is because I did not know what to do for my leisure experience. I had the idea of going to Paintball but I had a constraint of money that was involved. Paintballing is not cheap and there is a lot of planning involved in order to even attempt to participate. Like, calling a whole bunch of friends to see who would want to go, the time that everybody can go, the place where would be better to go. I wanted to simply do something that is relaxed and that did not need too much planning! There was also the factor that I worked outside all day which did not motivate me to anything too crazy. That is why ceramic painting was ideal for my leisure experience.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Expresses ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 7/10