Monday, October 27, 2008

Blog summary#2

Most of my leisure is social-related over passive leisure. For example, playing soccer is like a beer league since I usually drink after then game with the team. I also identify myself as a soccer/futbol player even if I do not pratice the sport professionally. I encounter 'time' as a leisure blocker when I produce music beats because I enjoy social-related leisure over participatory-related leisure. Professor Henle suggested to sleep less in order to have time for music but I am 'aware of self in leisure' and, I know my preference of having a lot of sleep.

I experienced some constraints when it came to the midterms. I did not post anything on my blog due to time but I guess I do not enough self determination. I have to be take responsibility, make proper choices and be more assertive which is what I will be working on my next postings. Blogging might not be an intrinsic motivation but more of an extrinsic one because it counts for a lot of marks and, I want to increase my grade which is immediate feedback.

I had an experience last Saturday before going out to my friends birthday. My girlfriend called me and did not want to go anymore. She did not know what to wear and she was giving up on experiencing a leisure apportunity. We both did not go clubbing and I was going to even if she did not want to go herself. I felt that it would be even more pleasant with her around so, I had to convince her to come out. I had to 'make decisions about leisure' as an educator. I know when I want something I usually develop self-determination and I was not going let a 'no' stop me from convincing her. I was pressuring but I was telling her how fun it will be, that she should dress classy like she does at work, that she is pretty, smart and she looks good and, that we'll have a good time! Convincing her to wear classy cloths was my solution to solving the problem of her not knowing what to wear. In the end, she was convinced and we both enjoyed our leisure experience.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Self-reflection about leisure in your life is good. What skill did you use to motivate your girlfriend? Why was going out the better leisure choice? Whos values did you push? 6.5/10